Despite having valuable content, the first hurdle for readership is creating an alluring hook to get people’s attention.
Below are 10 templates from my book HOOKS | 103 Magnetic Headlines. The second bulleted examples are catered for photographers.
Why Doesn’t [noun] [verb] Me?
In this headline, people can reflect on something that they are struggling with personally.
- Why Doesn’t My Boss Like Me?
- Why Doesn’t My Dog Love Me? (pets)
[noun] for [noun]
This headline states that something is related or helpful to something else. This creates a general sort of formula, which can take many directions.
- Fashions for Summer
- Brain Food for Babies (newborn)
Best [adjective] [noun] Under [price / period of time]
The key word here is the word “under.” Using this word promises the reader some kind of savings, whether it is in money or in time.
- Best Spring Looks Under $150
- Best Cardio Workouts Under 30 Minutes (wedding – fitness)
New Tricks to [adjective] [noun]
Taking something that is common and giving it a new spin is always refreshing.
- New Tricks to Awesome Hairdos
- New Tricks to Studying for the SATs (seniors)
Simple Strategies to [verb]
This headline directly tells your audience that you are giving them straight advice on how to get something done. People respond well to a plan of action.
- Simple Strategies to Cut the Clutter
- Simple Strategies to Eating Less Carbs (food, wedding – fitness)
Easy Tips for [verb]
Nobody loves a tip more than an easy tip!
- Easy Tips for Healthier Eating
- Easy Tips for Wide Landscapes (landscapes)
What Every [person] Can’t Live Without
It’s almost like a secret, figuring out what someone can’t live without. And you have the answer!
- What Every Teacher Can’t Live Without
- What Every Mom Can’t Live Without (babies, children, families)
The Secret Ingredient to [noun]
Being that the word “ingredient” is singular in this headline, the focus of this article will be on one very special thing that can make all the difference.
- The Secret Ingredient to Perfect Skin
- The Secret Ingredient to Luscious Lava Cake (food)
Remedies for [noun]
People have problems. You have remedies.
- Remedies for Dry Skin
- Remedies for Acne (seniors)
Bright Ideas for [noun]
You can never have enough of bright ideas.
- Bright Ideas for Kids’ Rooms
- Bright Ideas for Spring Appetizers (food)
For more content strategy posts, read here.
P.S. I love templates. They make life more efficient, which leaves more time for me to nap. What do you like to do with your spare time? Comment below!